O. Don Hawkins
March 21, 1946 - August 5, 2010
March 21, 1946 - August 5, 2010
"But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him."~Moroni 7:47
"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."
~Doctrine and Covenants 4:2
~Doctrine and Covenants 4:2
What better way to describe this man, who, from day one loved me like his own; who loved his wife more that I have the ability to describe; who loved and served everyone around him; who was constantly learning and serving in church callings; who loved his children and taught them, even to the end; whose smile and laughter I will sorely miss; who was always willing and ready to read to his grandchildren; who was always the first to offer those grandchildren a cookie; who became so dear to me that my heart broke to know he would no longer be with us here. I am blessed to know that Dad is serving us still and that his posterity will be blessed to see him again someday and I know this is made possible through the love and atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.
2 comments:
What a sweet man, husband, father and grandpa. I'm so sorry for your loss. I loved your sweet tribute to him. Our thoughts are with you!!
I am so sorry for your loss, but what an amazing summary of your feelings for him, beautiful, hope you and your family are doing ok.
Post a Comment