Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vacation without going on Vacation

This last week my brother and his family came to town!! Yeah! My mom and I made sure we had plenty to do. I hope they had as much fun as we did this week.

Saturday: Zobrist Family Party/Reunion
Monday: Shooting, swimming, Tyson Birthday Dinner
Tuesday: Lied Children's Discovery Museum, Painting, Swim Lessons
Wednesday: Duck Park, Swimming
Friday:Swimming, Movie night outside at grandma's
Saturday: Walker Family Party/Reunion
Monday: Movie night at Kimber's house (we made a theater room out of my down stairs family room. So awesome!)

Night times were of course filled with games after the kids went to bed. The kids were in heaven with all the swimming but the parents were all swimmed out by day three. So even though I didn't plan or go on a vacation, I felt like I was on vacation. Thanks Tyson and Janae! Vance had so much fun with Reed. Finally a boy cousin to play with (even though both Reed and Vance scream like girls when they are running around chasing each other)! Now we get to have a few weeks of sugar/grandma/no sleep detox. Back to "normal" life, whatever that is.



This is a look I can't resist! I think I have seen it before.

Vance 6 months.

Carter 11 months.



They spent most of their time here because they didn't want to keep their ears in.




Reed found a stick. Vance wanted a stick too. Vance and Reed and Grandma went on a stick hunt. It was successful.


One of Vance's favorite spots at the museum.


Carter's favorite. Ball.






Art is very serious.






Reed washing off the paint.


This is inevitable isn't it? What is better in life the a hose?



Grandma doesn't learn her lessons very well. If she would recall, this situation happened with another 2 year old.


I love Reed's face.


The nasty pigeons would come and eat right our of your hand. This is Natalie giving it a try.


Grandma leading her ducklings to the picnic area.


This baby Eve is SO cute!


Carter has a new fascination with feeding people. Grandma always gives in and eats what he is giving her. Yum!


Just before this floating shot both Adam and Vance were floating on their own rafts but holding hands so Vance would stay close and safe. Too cute but I missed the shot.


And no party would be complete without the bounce house!

Great fun, great week, great family. I can't wait until Tyson and Janae move back to the west coast!



1 comment:

Janae Walker said...

we did have as much fun as you! it has been a rough transition back to responsibilities and normal schedules. man, i love your pictures! we need copies since our camera battery died! i just might refer people to your blog for the awesome pictures :) maybe one day our boys will growl or something instead of scream!!! we already miss everyone tons!