Saturday, May 22, 2010

Frontyard Makeover

When we first moved into our new house the front yard was overgrown, full of nasty rosemary, contained one dead pigeon, and had a border of angled bricks down the driveway that I despised. My first mission was to get rid of the out of control, over grown rosemary. I then bought new plants, took out the old border of bricks, dug the rocks down a level, redid the border, brought fresh new looking rocks from the side of my house, planted the new plants, cleaned up and pruned the bushes and trees I did not replace, and cleaned out the river rock bed. Whew! Alot of work but I must say I am proud of my self. The only thing I didn't think of was to take a before picture so everyone could see the AMAZING difference of which I am so proud! So here is a link of a google picture of our house (you are going to have to change to satellite view and zoom into my house). Unfortunately, it is not recent enough (or close enough) to show just how over grown the yard was but it will give you an idea. Now I enjoy pulling up to the house and seeing my beautiful front yard.


And really I must say that I am impressed with myself, which is the reason for the post. I am amazing. =)

2 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

you are amazing! all that by yourself, I am impressed! I love the rock riverbed, great dynamic instead of just rocks. looks great :)

Tyson said...

Way to go!! I still get crazy looks when I tell people out here that out in the West we strategically place our rocks and call it landscaping. But, I still think it looks great.