Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easter Fun


Waiting for Grandma's easter party to start!


Dying easter eggs is an art and takes great concentration.

Carter thought dying eggs was fun for about 2 minutes. Long enough to splash eggs into the dye and get dye on his face.

After they dye them they get to go find them. They also get to find the plastic ones filled with candy. Carter discovered early on that you can open those eggs and candy would fly out! It took a minute to convince him that he could go find some more. We never did convince him to keep the hard boiled eggs in his basket. After trying to open them and discovering they didn't, out went the eggs back onto the ground. No thank you!



Vance gets so excited! I love it!


Hurry quick! Eat all the candy before mom finds out! You can see that three of the eggs have already been opened and emptied out.


Vance with the loot.


Sunday morning. I love continuing traditions! The easter bunny fills and hides our easter baskets and we get to go hunt for them! The boys had a ball!


Carter finding his basket with help from Vance and Daddy.


He immediately walked back around the couch, picked up an egg, popped it open (which he learned the day before would create a shower of candy), did a little dance of joy, lay down on the floor and started to dig in! It was the cutest thing ever!


My boys. I love them so dearly! They make me smile and make me laugh! After the morning festivities we got to go to Grandma's for another tradition. This year Easter happened to land on General Conference Sunday (which in our house growing up was known as waffle Sunday). Every General Conference my Dad would make, from scratch, waffle breakfast complete with eggs and bacon. There were even waffles with bacon in them if you wanted. So as we sit down to breakfast and feed our bellies we also get to feed our spirits by listening to the words of our prophet and apostles. I love General Conference. The words spoken are always the ones I need to hear to make me better, to uplift my soul, and enlighten my mind. I know that Heavenly Father has given us prophets to guide and direct us. I know that Jesus is my Savior. He lives! What a great way to celebrate Easter, the holiday that celebrates Jesus' resurection, by listening to the prophet. Happy Easter!!!

2 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

your boys are so cute! I love that carter did a dance of joy for his jelly beans :) congrats on getting into your new house, exciting! looks nice and always fun to decorate and make it your own. hope all is well with your health, that must have been scary! hopefully we will get to see you guys this summer!

Janae Walker said...

carter is so old now! crazy how fast they grow up!